After a very busy period at work I finally found the time to experiment with a new recipe and I really want to share it with you guys! The flavors of artichoke and grilled red peppers are a great match with the mild and creamy ricotta.
- 1 big hand of rocket lettuce mix.
- 1 ½ marinated hearts of an artichoke in thin slices.
- 1 small grilled red bell pepper in thin strips around 2 centimeters.
- 2 slices of Parma ham teared into small pieces.
- 1 ½ tbsp of ricotta.
- 5 halves of a walnut broken into little pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Take a big hand of the rocket mix and put it on a plate. Slice the heart of an artichoke in slices of around half a centime and lay them on the lettuce. I used artichoke that was already seasoned in oil. Slice the grilled red pepper into stripes of around 2 centimeters and mix it with the rocket and artichoke. Rip the Parma ham in small pieces and put the pieces in the middle of the plate. Lay the 1,5 tbsp of ricotta on top of the Parma ham. Break 4 halves of a walnut into small pieces and disperse it over the other ingredients. Put the last walnut on top of the ricotta. Now you can add additional seasoning. I didn’t use more seasoning because the artichoke is seasoned and the Parma ham is very salty by itself.